I love the NPR feature This I Believe. I find it fascinating what people choose to do their essay on, even if I don’t always agree with them. Today I heard a 7 year old give a list of 30 things he believed in (down from the 100 he wrote for a class project) and got me to thinking what do I believe in? So here are a few things I came up with.
- I believe in the power of laughter
- I believe that we need to not be so hard on ourselves
- I believe in the importance of not taking yourself too seriously
- I believe that there is beauty to be found in flaws
- I believe that it is okay to cry
- I believe getting your hands dirty makes you a better person
- I believe we need to daydream more
- I believe that it is okay to fail
- I believe that it is okay to go against the grain if you want
- I believe that we need to do things outside our comfort zone on a regular basis
- I believe if you want to sing do it, even if you aren’t any good
- I believe that we need more Muppets and Dolly Parton in the world
- I believe we need to walk more
- I believe that unplugging once in awhile is good for us and should be done regularly
- I believe that our friends keep us sane and on the right path so we should choose them wisely.
- I believe that we should sit down and eat with friends and family more often, without the t.v. or other distractions more often
- I believe that giving your time to help others is important
- I believe we need to learn to love ourselves, faults and all
- I believe we need to play more
What do you believe in?