The living and the dead
So, an embarrassing moment came a few years ago when someone on Flickr told me that I should take pictures for a living. I was flattered of course, then I realized that he was asking why I didn’t take pictures of the living. Once I recovered from the embarrassment I put some thought in to just why I preferred the dead over the living picture wise.
Here is my list
- The dead are not self conscious when you point a camera in their direction.
- The dead stay put… and if they aren’t I don’t want to be around them.
- The dead don’t mind how many pictures I take of them… they are very patient.
- I am fascinated by how we honor the dead. The stones and the things we leave behind.
- I find cemeteries to be peaceful. It is a good place to meditate.
Friends sometimes laugh at me for all the cemetery photos I have. But they seem to be some of the photos that people connect with. I plan on adding more to my collection shortly.